Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2018

Bayou Wars 2018-Game 1 Gino Agnelly fielding Syrians




Gino was my first opponent, and a really great guy.  He fielded Syrians, List #197.  Its been about 3 weeks since the game, and I might be a little off in details.  Heck, I have a hard time remembering what I had for breakfast.  

The Syrians had some elite cav, Crusader knights, assorted infantry and some Turkoman light cavalry.  A nicely balanced force.  I believe he had an army breakpoint of 22 or 23 compared to mine of 19.
My left flank command.  My home made gully in the distance! 😀

My elite command of heavy cavalry and light cavalry head out to face the unknown.

Gino's right flank Syrians.

The Timurid center command.  Elephant death star [Tim Porters classic description], backed up by heavy and light cavalry.

Timurid Right flank command consisting of medium and light cavalry.  This was my skirmishing command.


First blood.  The light cavalry archery exchange go the Syrians way.

One of the first brain cramps of many to come.  I moved the elephant units to the hill and left their archer supports behind [to eventually get picked off one by one]. The elephants failed to make a dent in the Crusader spear, and ended up dying a painful death impaled on spears and crossbow bolts.
The Timurid right is skirmishing the heavier Crusader knights, which is what they were designed to do.

The beginning of the end of the Persian archers, Doh!


Of course it helps to roll a 6, which allowed the archers to hang around for a couple more turns.

My goal was to take pictures of each turn and particularly pictures of game turning events.  Of course, since this was my first game, I was pretty much like a deer in the headlights, and trying to absorb guidance from Gino, and thinking through all the stuff.  So, naturally, I forgot to take pictures of the rest of the match.  Gino basically clobbered me by eliminating  my center command damaging my other commands enough to push me to my army demoralization of 19.  

So, the final tally was 
Timurids 19/19
Syrians 14/22 or 23.

 Had to get a picture of my mediocre levy/hostage unit.  

At least it wasn't a whitewash!  😃 


No comments:

Post a Comment